Where is Mercedes Benz stadium? Mercedes-Benz Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Opened in August 2017 as a replacement for the Georgia Dome, it serves as the home stadium of the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL) and Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer (MLS). The stadium is owned by the state government of Georgia through the Georgia World Congress Center Authority, and operated by AMB Group, the parent organization of the Falcons and Atlanta United. In June 2016, the total cost of its construction was estimated at US$1.6 billion.
The stadium officially opened on August 26, 2017, with a Falcons preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals, despite the retractable roof system being incomplete at the time. Several events formerly held at the Georgia Dome moved to Mercedes-Benz Stadium following its completion, including the SEC football championship game and the Peach Bowl. In 2018, it hosted the College Football Playoff National Championship and the MLS Cup (as Atlanta United held home field advantage), and it hosted Super Bowl LIII in 2019. The Mercedes-Benz Stadium will host multiple matches during the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
Where is Mercedes Benz stadium?
Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium could well be the best sports stadium in America. Located in the heart of Atlanta, Mercedes-Benz Stadium is home to the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons and MLS’s Atlanta United FC.
The stadium hosts noteworthy annual sporting events including the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and SEC Championship and has been integral in attracting sporting events such as the College Football Playoff National Championship (2018) and Super Bowl LIII (2019). The NCAA Final Four was scheduled in 2020, but was canceled due to COVID-19.
As the NFL’s first-ever LEED Platinum sports stadium, this entertainment arena is both energy efficient and affordable to visit, making it the ultimate fan experience on game day.
Reasons to visit Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- See, hear and feel the action on the field with the stadium’s state-of-the-art technology. The 58-foot-tall HD video board, the largest in the world, towers over the field, giving fans 360-degree coverage and enhanced digital content including player stats, vital referee decisions and other play-by-play action.
- With the exterior of Mercedes-Benz stadium made primarily of glass and a first-of-its-kind retractable glass roof that allows the sunlight to shine through the concourses, you feel as if you’re still outdoors even though you’re inside. The roof opens and closes in fewer than 10 minutes, so rain or shine, it’s game on.
- The stadium features wide concourses, plenty of escalators and elevators and two Sky bridges to make it easy for you to explore the many amenities and great food options available on all levels. And with as many as 2,000 digital displays, you won’t miss any game-changing plays or exciting moments while away from your seat. Other exciting fan comforts include more concession areas and food offerings so you spend less time waiting in line. Another bonus: There is ultrafast Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the arena.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium offers a variety of amenities for fans on every level, including several social gathering spaces where you can mingle before and during the game. The Sky bridges feature an assortment of bars with open views of the field. The largest gathering space is a 100,000-square-foot tailgating lot where you can enjoy pregame entertainment and beautiful views of the downtown Atlanta skyline.
- To make the fan experience even more enjoyable, the stadium offers popular concession items at incredibly low prices, such as $2 hot dogs, $3 slices of pizza and chicken tacos, $5 cheeseburgers and other affordably priced specialty items. Fan-favorite food vendors include Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, Fox Bros Bar-B-Q, King of Pops, Sublime Doughnuts, The Varsity and Antico Pizza Napoletana.
Is Mercedes-Benz Stadium a Superdome?
Benz Stadium is not a Superdome, that much is true. Atlanta, Georgia, USA’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium is a multipurpose venue. Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) and the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL) both call it home. The Superdome, formerly the Caesars Superdome, is a multipurpose stadium located in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the United States’ Central Business District. It serves as the home stadium for the National Football League’s (NFL) New Orleans Saints.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is not a Superdome, to sum up. These two stadiums are not the same.
Why is Mercedes-Benz Stadium famous?
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is well-known for several things, such as:
- The stadium’s retractable roof, which can open and close in under eight minutes, is one of its distinctive characteristics. It also boasts the largest 360-degree halo board in the world.
- Sustainability: Among the world’s most sustainable stadiums is Mercedes-Benz Stadium. It has several eco-friendly elements, including a solar panel array and a rainwater collecting system, and is LEED Gold certified.
- Its adaptability: Mercedes-Benz Stadium can host a range of events, such as concerts, NFL, MLS, college football, and other sports.
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Stadium is conveniently accessible for fans as it is situated in Atlanta’s downtown area.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium is well-known for holding important athletic events in addition to these reasons, including the 2020 NCAA Men’s Final Four, the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship, and Super Bowl LIII in 2019.
All things considered, Mercedes-Benz Stadium is a cutting-edge venue renowned for its distinctive style, sustainability, adaptability, and setting. It is among the most well-known and famous stadiums in the entire globe.
Is Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the same spot as Georgia Dome?
Indeed, the Georgia Dome site is directly south of Mercedes-Benz Stadium. To create room for the new stadium, the Georgia Dome was destroyed in 2017.
Synopsis in three sentences:
- Yes, the Georgia Dome and Mercedes-Benz Stadium are located in the same area.
- To create room for the new stadium, the Georgia Dome was destroyed in 2017.
- The location of Mercedes-Benz Stadium is directly south of the Georgia Dome.
What is the largest stadium in the world?
Rungrado 1st of May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea, is the biggest stadium in the world. It can accommodate 150,000 people in seats.
Constructed in 1989, the stadium hosts a range of activities, including as football games, mass games, and athletic competitions.
This is a synopsis in three sentences:
- The biggest stadium in the world is the Rungrado 1st of May Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea.
- It can accommodate 150,000 people in seats.
- The stadium hosts a range of activities, such as mass games, football games, and athletic competitions.
Above is information about Where is Mercedes Benz stadium? What is this Mercedes Benz? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Mercedes Benz stadium. Thank you for reading our post.