Does Mercedes have Apple Carplay? With Apple CarPlay®, you can integrate some of your iPhone’s main functions with the Mercedes-Benz multimedia system. Standard on certain Mercedes-Benz models, including the AMG® GT and E-Class, Apple CarPlay® allows you to make phone calls from your contacts, send text messages using voice control, use your phone’s navigation, and listen to music. Learn how to use Apple CarPlay® in your Mercedes-Benz below!
Does Mercedes have Apple Carplay?
Apple CarPlay is available on Mercedes. The majority of Mercedes-Benz vehicles come with it. You can check the Mercedes owner’s manual or the Mercedes website to see if your vehicle offers Apple CarPlay.
How to Set Up Apple CarPlay® in Your Mercedes-Benz
Setting up Apple CarPlay® is fast and easy. Follow the steps below to connect your iPhone to your Mercedes-Benz and begin enjoying the integrated features:
- First, using a USB cord, plug your iPhone into the USB port for the smartphone integration system.
- When you’re connecting your iPhone to your car for the first time, choose the “Start Automatically” option. As the selection suggests, this will allow your phone to automatically connect to Apple CarPlay® in the future when plugged in, making it faster and easier for you. Note: If a friend or family member is connecting their phone, and you don’t wish to have their phone automatically connect to your vehicle in the future, you can select the “Select Manually” option.
- Once your phone is connected, you’re able to control your phone’s main functions using the COMAND® controller, the buttons on the dash, or the Siri® Voice Operating Control System.
- While you can use Apple CarPlay® for many tasks, there are certain tasks, such as seat adjustment and ambient lighting, that need to be done using the COMAND® system. To exit Apple CarPlay® and perform these functions, simply press the Mercedes-Benz icon on the screen.
- To return to Apple CarPlay®, manually select your phone from the device list.
- When you’re done using Apple CarPlay®, simply unplug your phone from the USB port.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® Wirelessly
If you’re driving a newer Mercedes-Benz in Costa Mesa, it may be equipped with wireless Apple CarPlay®. Here’s how to wirelessly connect to Apple CarPlay® using Bluetooth®* integration:
- Open your iPhone® settings and navigate to Bluetooth®*, make sure your phone is in discoverable mode
- On the main touchscreen display in your Mercedes-Benz, click on Phone, then select “connect device”
- If this is your first time wirelessly connecting your phone, click “connect new device”
- Select your iPhone® when the device name appears on the screen
- Your iPhone® will prompt you to accept the passcode to connect it to your vehicle’s display; click to accept it
- Next, your iPhone® will ask you to allow it to sync your contacts and favorites to your vehicle’s display; click to allow it
- On the main vehicle display, click “Accept and Start Apple CarPlay®” after reading the Data Protection Notice
- Your iPhone® is now wirelessly connected to your vehicle’s main display via Apple CarPlay®! You can access your entire phone right from the touch display.
What Can You Do with Apple CarPlay®?
Once setup is complete, you can use Apple CarPlay® for everything from making hands-free calls, to streaming music, to navigating:
- Make Phone Calls: Say the name of your contact aloud, and Apple CarPlay® will place the call for you—no hands necessary.
- Dictate Text Messages: Choose a contact, dictate your message, say, “Send,” and you’re done!
- Stay Entertained: Listen to your favorite tunes or stream a podcast while you cruise around Laguna Beach.
- Navigation: Use Apple Maps to conveniently search for coffee shops, restaurants, theatres, and other points of interest in Orange County. Or, if you prefer Google Maps, this is also compatible with Apple CarPlay®.
- Quick COMAND® Access: To adjust your seat, in-cabin temperature, ambient lighting, etc., select the “Mercedes-Benz” icon on the
- Apple CarPlay® screen, or press the appropriate hard key on the dash. This will take you back to the COMAND® system.
Start Exploring Apple CarPlay® Apps
Apple CarPlay® enables you to enjoy a more connected drive in Corona Del Mar. In addition to giving you access to your phone and messages, many of your favorite iOS apps are compatible with Apple CarPlay®. Here are some of the most popular Apple CarPlay® apps to explore:
Apple Music and Apple Podcasts
- TuneIn® Radio
- NPR One
- and many more!
How to Set Up Your Mercedes-Benz Apple CarPlay®
Once you have Apple CarPlay® in your Mercedes-Benz, the next thing to do is to set up the feature, so you can start streaming music and enjoying all of the features of Apple CarPlay®. Here is how to set up Apple CarPlay® in your Mercedes-Benz:
- Plug your phone into the USB port.
- On your infotainment screen, you should see a “Connect” menu.
- Push “Connect”, and then choose the “Automatically” button.
- If you want to connect other phones to Apple CarPlay®, then choose the “Manually” button on the second screen.
Your Mercedes-Benz should now be connected to Apple CarPlay®.
Which Mercedes A-Class Model Years Come With Apple CarPlay?
As technology has become increasingly advanced, more and more features are being added to cars.
One such feature is Apple CarPlay, which allows drivers to use certain iPhone features while behind the wheel.
Several Mercedes-Benz models come with Apple CarPlay, and the Mercedes A-Class is one of them.
However, not all model years or variants of the A-Class come with this feature.
All Mercedes A-Class models from 2016 to 2018 have Apple CarPlay as standard. A-Class models from 2018 onwards will also have Apple CarPlay if they are equipped with the ‘Connectivity Package.’ If your A-Class is a 2015 or earlier model, it will not be equipped with CarPlay.
So, it doesn’t matter whether you have a Mercedes A180, A200, or maybe even the A250; it’s about the optional packages your A-Class is equipped with.
From our hands-on experience with the A-Class, let us guide you through activating Apple CarPlay!
Above is information about Does Mercedes have Apple Carplay? What is this Carplay? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Mercedes have Apple Carplay. Thank you for reading our post.