Where is Hyundai Made? Is Hyundai as reliable as Japanese cars? The Hyundai Motor Company was founded in 1967 in Seoul, South Korea. It is South Korea’s biggest automotive manufacturer, selling a total of 3,912,042 vehicles in 2021.
Hyundai is also the parent company of Kia, as well as owning the Genesis and Ioniq vehicle brands. The company is popular for its reliable SUVs and its powerful hot hatches, like the i20 N. But that’s not all – recently Hyundai has been exciting car enthusiasts with a range of daring new concepts that are as beautiful as they are powerful.
For instance, take the N Vision 74 – a futuristic, hydrogen-powered hybrid prototype car that showcases the forward-thinking direction of the company. From Hyundai’s viewpoint, hydrogen could still hold a key to the future of sustainable driving.
For a large automotive manufacturer like Hyundai, international operations are a must. But where exactly does Hyundai build its vehicles? Let’s find out!
Where is Hyundai Made?
Hyundai motor cars are produced in a variety of nations worldwide. The corporation has production sites in Brazil, Turkey, India, China, South Korea, and the United States.
Ulsan, South Korea is home to the biggest Hyundai manufacturing plant in the world. More than 1.6 million vehicles are produced here each year.
Other significant Hyundai manufacturing facilities include:
- In Montgomery, Alabama, the United States, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA)
- In Noovice, Czech Republic, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech (HMMC) is located.
- Chennai, India-based Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL)
- Izmit, Turkey’s Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Turkey (HMTA)
- Piracicaba, Brazil-based Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Brazil (HMB)
In addition to these nations, Hyundai has manufacturing plants in Egypt, Indonesia, and Russia.
Hyundai motor cars are available in more than 190 nations. One of the biggest automakers in the world is the corporation.
It is significant to remember that not all Hyundai cars are produced in the same nation. For instance, the Hyundai Tucson is produced in Mexico, the United States, and South Korea. South Korea and the US both contribute to the production of the Hyundai Santa Fe.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a Hyundai car, it’s necessary to look at the car’s characteristics to find out where it was built. The window sticker for the car typically contains this information.
Is Hyundai as reliable as Japanese cars?
The prevailing consensus is that Hyundai cars are equally as dependable as Japanese automobiles. In fact, Hyundai has consistently ranked among the world’s most dependable automakers in recent years.
For instance, Hyundai placed third overall in the 2023 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study, just behind Lexus and Toyota. In this study, the number of issues that brand-new car owners encounter during the first 90 days of ownership is counted.
Additionally, Hyundai automobiles come with one of the best warranties in the business. Hyundai vehicles come with a 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain guarantee in addition to a five-year, 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Of course, no automobile is faultless, and Hyundai vehicles occasionally have issues. However, Hyundai automobiles are often highly dependable.
As you can see, Hyundai comes in third place, just behind the dependable Toyota and Lexus. Mazda and Honda, which are generally regarded as reputable brands, are behind Hyundai.
In general, Hyundai cars are exactly as dependable as Japanese automobiles. Hyundai is now one of the most dependable automobile manufacturers in the world thanks to major expenditures in manufacturing and quality control.
Where Hyundai cars are made
Hyundai vehicles are currently built in South Korea, the United States, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Russia, India, Indonesia, South Africa, China and Vietnam. The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
Hyundai designs and manufactures its cars in a number of domestic and international facilities. In total, there are 12 Hyundai production facilities in ten different countries across the world.
Hyundai’s plant in North America is located in Montgomery, Alabama. This facility reportedly cost Hyundai $1.4 billion dollars to build in 2005. It is capable of producing a huge 300,000 vehicles per year when operating at full capacity.
Recently, Hyundai announced plans to bring forward the opening of its electric vehicle plant in Bryan County, Georgia. It’s now expected to open in 2023. Once this plant becomes fully operational, Hyundai will be able to produce 300,000 EVs per year!
But which of Hyundai’s vehicles are produced in the US? Let’s find out.
Is Hyundai a good car brand?
Yes, Hyundai makes quality automobiles. Affordable, dependable, and fashionable are all qualities associated with Hyundai vehicles. In addition, Hyundai offers a variety of features and technologies in its cars.
Here are a few explanations as to why Hyundai makes quality automobiles:
- Cost-effectiveness: Hyundai cars are renowned for being incredibly cost-effective, especially when compared to other brands in the same category. They are therefore a fantastic choice for consumers on a tight budget.
- Hyundai automobiles are renowned for their dependability. Hyundai has a solid reputation for reliability and quality.
- Technology: Hyundai cars come equipped with a variety of features and technologies, such as cutting-edge safety features, entertainment systems, and driver assistance functions.
- Style: In recent years, Hyundai vehicles have improved in terms of style. Hyundai offers a choice of automobiles that suit a variety of tastes.
- One of the best warranties in the automobile industry is provided by Hyundai. Hyundai vehicles come with a 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain guarantee in addition to a five-year, 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Hyundai is a pioneer in the creation of cutting-edge automotive technologies. When new features and technology, like electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, are introduced, Hyundai automobiles are frequently among the first to provide them.
Hyundai is a respectable automaker that provides a solid balance of cost, dependability, technology, style, and innovation.
Here are a few particular Hyundai models that are regarded as good cars:
- Hyundai Tucson: The Tucson is a small SUV with a reputation for dependability, affordability, and efficiency.
- Hyundai Santa Fe: Compared to the Tucson, the Santa Fe is a midsize SUV with more interior room and amenities.
- Hyundai Palisade: A three-row SUV that is well-liked by families is the Palisade.
- Hyundai Elantra: The Elantra is a small sedan with a reputation for being both elegant and efficient.
- Hyundai Sonata: The Sonata is a midsize car with lots of features and a smooth ride.
Hyundai is also actively pursuing the market for electric vehicles. The Ioniq 5 and the IONIQ 6 are two of the company’s recent electric vehicles that have been made available to consumers. Customers seeking an affordable and fashionable electric automobile are drawn to these cars.
In general, Hyundai is a reliable automaker with a wide selection of well-regarded automobiles. Hyundai is a terrific brand to take into consideration if you’re seeking for a reasonably priced, dependable, fashionable, and cutting-edge automobile.
Above is information about Where is Hyundai Made? Is Hyundai as reliable Japanese cars?. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Hyundai Made. Thank you for reading our post.