How to update Honda Navigation System for free? Honda vehicles with Garmin Navigation come with either 3 (2021 Honda North America vehicles and newer) or 5 years (all other model years and regions) of map updates at no cost. These map updates are available roughly once per calendar year.
Starting in 2015, Garmin began providing navigation in select Honda vehicles. We do not provide navigation for all models of Honda vehicles in all countries after 2015. On our website, you may see a Honda vehicle listed that does not use Garmin navigation in your country or region.
Contact your local Honda dealership for additional information on how to update if you are unsure if your vehicle has Garmin navigation.
How to update Honda Navigation System for free?
A free upgrade for a Honda navigation system is not officially available. However, a few independent websites provide Honda vehicle owners with free navigation updates. For older navigation systems that Honda no longer supports, these websites generally offer updates.
You will need to download the update file and transfer it to a USB drive in order to update your Honda navigation system through a third-party website. When the update file is on the USB drive, you may put the drive into your Honda and update the navigation system by following the directions on the screen.
When updating your Honda navigation system via a third-party website, bear the following in mind:
- Check that the update file is compatible with your Honda vehicle and that the website you are using is credible.
- Before updating, make a backup of your navigation system’s data. In the event that something goes wrong during the upgrade process, you can restore your data in this manner.
- When updating your navigation system, carefully follow the directions displayed on the screen.
- Be tolerant. It can take several hours to finish the updating process.
You can drive your car to a Honda dealership or a certified mechanic to get the navigation system updated for you if you feel uncomfortable updating your Honda navigation system yourself.
Additional advice for updating your Honda navigation system is provided below:
- Before beginning the update procedure, make sure your Honda is parked in a secure area.
- Don’t switch off your Honda while it is updating.
- You can seek help from the website where you received the update file or a Honda dealership if you experience any difficulties updating your navigation system.
Please be aware that updating your Honda navigation system on a third-party website could void your warranty. For more details, please reference your owner’s handbook.
How much does Honda navigation update cost?
Depending on the model and year of your car as well as the sort of update you buy, the price of a Honda navigation update varies.
Map updates and software upgrades are the two categories of navigation updates that Honda delivers. While software upgrades bring new features and bug fixes, map updates deliver the most recent road data.
Software upgrades are often more expensive than map updates. For about $100, you can get a map update for a Honda car. Typically more expensive, software updates can range in price from $150 to $300.
A Honda store, a website for Honda parts, or a third-party website are all places where you can buy Honda navigation updates. You can ask for help from a Honda dealership if you’re unsure of the type of update you require or how to buy it.
The following advice will help you save money on Honda navigation updates:
- Look for exclusive offers and discounts. Discounts on navigation updates can frequently be found on websites for Honda parts and dealerships.
- Think about investing in an external navigation upgrade. Although upgrades from third parties are frequently less expensive than updates from Honda, they might not be as feature-rich or up to date.
You can split the cost of an update with a friend or relative. You can split the cost of an upgrade if you own a Honda car with a navigation system with a friend or relative who also owns a Honda car with a navigation system.
Does Honda charge for software updates?
For its automobiles, Honda does charge for software updates. Depending on your vehicle’s year, make, and model as well as the type of update, the fee will change.
New features and bug fixes are frequently included in software updates. They might also contain security updates to safeguard your car against hacking and other online assaults.
Honda software upgrades are available from third-party websites, Honda parts websites, and Honda dealerships. Software upgrades are often most expensive at Honda dealerships, then on Honda parts websites. Software updates from third-party websites often cost less, but they might not be as dependable as updates from Honda.
You can ask a Honda shop for help if you’re unsure whether or not your car needs a software update. They can determine what software version your car has and inform you if an upgrade is available.
The following advice will help you save money on Honda software updates:
- Look for exclusive offers and discounts. Software updates are frequently discounted at Honda dealerships and on parts websites.
- Think about investing in an update to third-party software. Although third-party software upgrades are frequently less expensive than Honda updates, they might not be as dependable.
- You can split the cost of an update with a friend or relative. You can split the cost of an upgrade if you own a Honda car with a navigation system with a friend or relative who also owns a Honda car with a navigation system.
What navigation system does Honda use?
Depending on the year, make, and model of the vehicle, Honda uses a number of navigation systems. Honda employs a number of the most popular navigational systems, including:
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: This system gives turn-by-turn directions and real-time traffic data using GPS technology and a satellite link.
- Honda Navigation System: This system gives turn-by-turn directions and information on points of interest using GPS technology and a DVD map disc.
- Turn-by-turn directions and current traffic data are provided by HondaLink Navigation using a smartphone app.
A number of third-party navigation systems, including Garmin and TomTom, are also available through Honda. The owner can purchase and install these systems.
You can check your owner’s handbook or get in touch with a Honda dealership to see which navigation system your Honda car uses.
Above is information about How to update Honda Navigation System for free?. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Honda Navigation System. Thank you for reading our post.