When is Bike Week in Florida? Daytona Beach Bike Week isn’t just the largest motorcycle event in Florida, it rivals Sturgis as the largest motorcycle rally in the world. The rally has been going since 1937 and has grown into a 10-day festival with events spread across Volusia County.
2024 will mark the 83rd annual Daytona Bike Week. ONE DAYTONA is the official Bike Week Welcome Center and the main entertainment destination. Catch daily races at the Daytona International Speedway, enjoy miles of famous and scenic motorcycle rides, and check out dozens of events, parties, and contests along historic Main Street and in surrounding communities.
When is Bike Week in Florida?
The event is held annually in March and is one of the best-known motorcycle rallies in the world. In 2024, bike week Daytona dates will be held from March 1-10.
The event is filled with festivals, concerts, bike shows, street parties, and much more, and attracts more than 100,000 motorcycle enthusiasts. The Daytona 200 motorcycle race at the Daytona International Speedway also takes place during the event.
In its 83rd year, Daytona Bike week is a legendary 10-day event filled with festivals, concerts, bike shows, street parties and much more.
What should i do when i arrive at Bike Week?
The first thing to do at Bike Week is visit the Official Bike Week Welcome Center, which will be located at ONE DAYTONA, across the road from the Daytona International Speedway. Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors will be on-hand to share knowledge about great places to go and fun things to do.
While there, you can even pick up a copy of the official pocket guide and the official bike week poster.
Bike Week location in Florida
Biketoberfest takes place in Daytona Beach, Florida with events spread throughout Main Street, downtown Daytona Beach, Midtown, and Ormond Beach. The rally takes over the city with most events and vendors along the beach, but it spreads to surrounding cities.
There are two main locations you’ll want to know:
- Official Biketoberfest Welcome Center at ONE DAYTONA, One, Daytona Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Daytona International Speedway at 1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Make sure you check out the map below to see attractions, activities, saloons, and more to check out at Biketoberfest. You’ll also want to download the official Biketoberfest app to stay on top of the day’s activities!
Daytona Bike Week vs Biketoberfest
Biketoberfest vs Bike Week: which is better, and what’s the difference? Biketoberfest is sometimes called the smaller sibling of the Daytona Beach Bike Week held every spring. Both events have made Daytona Beach one of the world’s top destinations for motorcycle rallies, but they are very different, despite being hosted in the same city.
Biketoberfest is smaller, younger, and shorter with annual attendance of about 100,000. It’s a four-day event that celebrates its 30th year in 2022. By comparison, Daytona Bike Week is a 10-day event that celebrates its 81st year in 2022. Bike Week sees attendance of 400,000 to 500,000. It’s on the same level as Sturgis, but it’s hard to say which actually draws in a bigger crowd.
Despite the similarities, you’ll find a different vibe when you compare Daytona Bike Week vs Biketoberfest. Compared to the spring event, Biketoberfest has more choppers, more new-model intros from bike manufacturers, and a more condensed events calendar thanks to its shorter timeline.
Daytona Beach is far less crowded in October while March is peak tourist season with lots of crowds, traffic, and higher hotel rates. The weather is actually better too with somewhat higher temperatures and less intense sun. October is simply a better time for hitting the open road in Central Florida.
Best biker bars
Daytona Beach is known for its many biker bars and saloons – many of which feature live music, parties, bike shows, and more during Biketoberfest. Here are the best biker bars to visit while you’re in town.
- Bank & Blues Club. This historic nightclub is right on Main Street, the heart of Biketoberfest. They have a great lineup for live music during Biketoberfest 2022!
- Dirty Harry’s Pub. Dirty Harry’s becomes one of the most exciting block parties during Biketoberfest with contests and an outdoor stage with live music.
- Boot Hill Saloon. This old-school biker bar features live music right on Main Street.
- Main Street Station. This 1950’s gas station and garage-turned-bar is a top destination during Biketoberfest with three bars, live music, and pool tables.
- Froggy’s Saloon. One of the top Main Street Daytona Beach biker bars, Froggy’s is a biker- and veteran-oriented bar with a festive environment.
- Full Moon Saloon. This pool hall transforms into one of the best parties during Biketoberfest with an outdoor stage, live music, and entertainment.
- Iron Horse Saloon. The World Famous Iron Horse is one of Daytona’s most famous biker bars known for its live music and great food.
- Hang Dawg Saloon. Right across the street from Iron Horse Saloon in Ormond Beach is Hang Dawg Saloon, a great stop for bikers for live music and entertainment.
Where is Bike Week in Florida 2023?
Be sure to check this site again for Official Sponsors, Official Information, and Official Gear for this great new Bike Week Festival in 2023! Daytona Beach is a city on Florida’s Atlantic coast. It’s known for Daytona International Speedway, which hosts February’s iconic Daytona 500 NASCAR race.
Does Florida have a black bike week?
Historically, Black Bike Week is a huge event in the African-American community of Daytona Beach and surrounding areas. Black Bike Week reaches its peak during the final weekend of Bike Week.
What town is Bike Week in Florida?
Daytona Beach plays host to two large motorcycle rallies each year – Daytona Bike Week in the spring and Biketoberfest in the fall.
Do you need tickets for Daytona Bike Week?
Cost: Most events, activities and vendors are free. But if you want to attend the Daytona 200 or the other major races at the Daytona International Speedway, you’ll need to purchase a ticket. (Purchase your ticket for the Daytona 200 here.)
Above is information about When is Bike Week in Florida? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Daytona Bike Week vs Biketoberfest. Thank you for reading our post.