What is Ford Bluecruise? Is BlueCruise better than autopilot? Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Ford Dealer. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See your Owner’s Manual for detail and limitations.
Requires Ford Connect activation through the FordPass App (see FordPass Terms for details) and a FordPass Member Account. Connected services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
What is Ford Bluecruise?
Some Ford vehicles, such as the F-150, Mustang Mach-E, and Expedition, come equipped with Ford BlueCruise, a hands-free highway driving option. On pre-qualified divided highway portions, it makes use of a variety of advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) to steer, accelerate, and brake the car.
Drivers must first activate BlueCruise via SYNC and then through the steering wheel of the car in order to use it. The driver can take their hands off the steering wheel and let the car drive itself once BlueCruise is on. But the driver has to stay aware and ready to take over the wheel at any moment.
BlueCruise monitors the environment around the car using a range of sensors, such as cameras, radar, and LiDAR. To determine the location of the car and the safe BlueCruise usage zones, it also makes use of high-definition maps.
During lengthy road trips, BlueCruise is a useful driver aid feature that can help to lessen stress and weariness. But it’s crucial to keep in mind that this is not a self-driving system. The driver needs to be aware at all times and ready to take over control of the car at any moment.
The following are a few advantages of utilizing Ford BlueCruise:
- Decreased stress and tiredness: By letting the car operate itself and freeing the driver from the steering wheel, BlueCruise can help minimize tension and weariness during lengthy road trips.
- Enhanced safety: BlueCruise employs a range of sensors and high-definition maps to monitor the environment around the car and maintain lane discipline.
- Convenience: BlueCruise can make driving more convenient by freeing the driver up to concentrate on other activities, including conversing with other passengers or enjoying music, while the car operates autonomously.
I advise you to think about purchasing a new Ford car if you’re thinking about getting one with BlueCruise. It is a useful driver aid tool that can improve the safety, comfort, and convenience of traveling on highways.
Is BlueCruise better than autopilot?
All things considered, BlueCruise and Autopilot are two cutting edge DSSs that can contribute to safer and more convenient highway driving. They do differ in a few significant ways, though.
Compared to Autopilot, BlueCruise is less expensive and compatible with a larger selection of cars. It is limited to pre-qualified split highway segments, though. The more costly Autopilot feature is exclusive to Tesla cars and is usable on all roadways.
In the end, determining which system best suits your needs and preferences is the best course of action. BlueCruise is a wonderful choice if you’re searching for a reasonably priced system that works with a variety of cars. Autopilot is a wonderful alternative if you’re seeking for a system with more functions and that you can use on all highways.
Here are some other factors to take into account when deciding between Autopilot and BlueCruise:
- Your budget: Autopilot is more expensive than BlueCruise.
- Your car: More cars than just Autopilot can be equipped with BlueCruise.
- Your needs: Choose the system that best suits your needs by thinking about the characteristics that are most essential to you.
- Your preferences: While some users favor Autopilot’s more sophisticated capabilities, others favor BlueCruise’s simplicity.
Is Ford co Pilot360 the same as BlueCruise?
No, BlueCruise and Ford Co-Pilot360 are not the same. Co-Pilot360 is a set of driver assistance systems that includes functions including blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and lane keeping assistance. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving technology that operates on pre-qualified divided highway portions using cameras, radar, and lidar to steer, accelerate, and brake the vehicle.
How do I activate BlueCruise on my Ford?
To turn on BlueCruise on your Ford car, do the following:
- Verify that you are on a divided highway segment that has been pre-qualified.
- Activate the cruise control that adapts.
- On the steering wheel, press the BlueCruise button.
- Observe the instructions on the screen.
BlueCruise allows the car to steer, accelerate, and brake on its own. But you have to stay vigilant and ready to take over the car at any moment.
In addition, bear the following in mind when utilizing BlueCruise:
- BlueCruise is limited to divided highway segments that meet certain requirements. For information about which highways are supported, visit the Ford website.
- BlueCruise is not an autonomous vehicle. You have to stay aware at all times and be ready to take over the wheel of the vehicle.
- There are situations when BlueCruise might not be able to operate as intended, like dense fog, snow, or intense rain.
For any inquiries regarding the use of BlueCruise, please refer to the owner’s manual for your car or get in touch with Ford customer support.
Above is information about What is Ford Bluecruise? Is BlueCruise better than autopilot that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Ford Bluecruise. Thank you for reading our post.