How to open Trunk on Ford ecosport? Most often, the trunk door in Ford Ecosport doesn’t open because the lock actuator is broken. To repair it, you must remove the lock. If the door is in a closed state and the opening button does not work the first time, you need to repeatedly press it until the trunk opens. Then it is necessary to remove the lock for repair. To do this, you must remove the pistons and some of the trim around the locking mechanism. Unscrew the fastening nuts that fix the trunk door handle, and remove the iron piece that presses the handle to the door. Then you must pick up and remove the pistons that fasten the harness with wires, unscrew the screws on the end side, and remove the lock.
How to open Trunk on Ford ecosport?
You can use one of the following techniques to open the trunk of a Ford EcoSport:
- Utilize the key fob: To open the trunk, press the trunk release button on your key fob.
- Press the trunk release button: The door panel on the driver’s side has a trunk release button. To open the trunk, press this button.
- Utilize the manual trunk release: The trunk has a manual trunk release lever. Pull the lever down to release the trunk manually.
Note: If your EcoSport has a power liftgate, you can also open and close the trunk using the button inside the car or the remote key fob.
Here’s how to use the trunk release button on a Ford EcoSport to open the trunk step-by-step:
- Verify that the car is unlocked.
- On the door panel of the driver’s side, find the trunk release button.
- To open the trunk, press and hold the trunk release button.
Note: Make sure the car is unlocked and that you are pushing the trunk release button correctly if the trunk does not open. It might also be necessary to examine the trunk release fuse.
Here’s how to use the manual trunk release on a Ford EcoSport to open the trunk step-by-step:
- Verify that the car is unlocked.
- Open the EcoSport’s rear hatch.
- On the left side of the trunk, you may find the manual trunk release lever.
- Press down on the manual trunk release lever.
- It’s going to open up.
Note: You might need to have a Ford dealer inspect the manual trunk release lever if it isn’t working.
What Should You Do If The Trunk Doesn’t Open During Winter?
Suppose you’re having trouble opening the fifth door in the autumn/winter period. In that case, the rubber seal of the lock may be frozen due to the accumulation of moisture and exposure to sub-zero temperatures. To solve the problem, you can do the following: allow some hot air into the car and leave it for 20 minutes. The interior and the body will warm up, and all mechanisms will unfreeze. If you don’t have this much time and the trunk needs to be opened quickly, you can use liquid defrosters.
In situations where the car is equipped with a central locking system and all doors open, except for the rear, you need to try and reset the system because it probably malfunctioned. To do this, you need to reset the battery terminals.
How Do I Open And Close The Trunk Of A Ford Ecosport?
According to Ecosport’s car manual, to open the trunk, you need to first unlock the vehicle. Press the unlock button on the trunk handle or remote control to unlock the car. Press the trunk unlock button to open the trunk.
Once you close the trunk, the vehicle will remain unlocked. Press the lock button on the trunk handle or remote control to lock the vehicle.
How Do I Open The Ford Ecosport’s Trunk From The Inside?
To open the locked trunk of your Ecosport from the inside, first, you need to fold down the rear seats and access the trunk from inside the car. Remove the trunk cover and the right tail light, which conceals the lock solenoid. Pushing on the piston will open the trunk, but you’ll probably have to replace the solenoid.
Why is the trunk not opening on my Ford Ecosport?
The trunk of your Ford Ecosport might not be opening for the following reasons:
- There is no unlocking of the car. Prior to attempting to access the trunk, be sure that every door on the car is unlocked.
- The button for releasing the trunk is broken. Try pushing the buttons on the driver’s side door panel and the key fob for the trunk release. Should these buttons not function, there’s a chance the trunk release switch is broken.
- A fuse for the trunk release has blown. To check if the trunk release fuse is blown, check it. whether so, try changing the fuse to see whether the trunk opens.
- The actuator for the trunk lock is broken. The trunk can be locked or unlocked using the trunk lock actuator. The trunk might not open if it is malfunctioning.
- There’s a stuck trunk latch. The trunk might not open if the trunk latch is stuck.
In the event that all of the aforementioned solutions have not solved the trunk’s opening issue, you might need to bring your car to a Ford dealer for a diagnosis and repair.
Here are some more hints for diagnosing issues with trunks:
- Try pushing the trunk release button more forcefully or repeatedly if it isn’t working.
- Replace the blown trunk release fuse with one that has the same amperage.
- Try manually opening the trunk with the manual trunk release lever (if your car has one) if you believe the trunk lock actuator is broken.
- Try using WD-40 or silicone spray to lubricate the trunk latch if it’s stuck.
Should you want assistance opening the trunk, kindly bring your car to a Ford dealer.
Above is information about How to open Trunk on Ford ecosport? What is this Ford about? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Trunk on Ford ecosport. Thank you for reading our post.