How many Toyota Dealers in USA? Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS, also known as Toyota USA) is the North American Toyota sales, marketing, and distribution subsidiary devoted to the United States market. Founded in 1957 in California, TMS currently employs more than 6,500 people. As of spring 2017 Toyota moved to a new campus in Plano, Texas. Construction of this new facility began in the fall of 2014, and is located at the corner of Texas State Highway 121 and Legacy Drive, across the street from the FedEx Office Headquarters, and the J. C. Penney World Headquarters. The former location of Toyota’s headquarters was Torrance, California, where they supervised 14 regional offices.
TMS oversees the sales of Toyota and Lexus products in 49 states through a network of over 1,200 Toyota dealers (of whom more than 900 also previously sold Scion vehicles) and over 200 Lexus dealers. California has the greatest number of Toyota dealerships of any other state at 172 dealerships. Toyota vehicles in Hawaii are distributed by Servco Pacific. TMS develops Toyota’s television campaigns and other nationwide marketing materials, and supervises dealer marketing to ensure that dealers present a uniform image. TMS also manages regional distribution, which occurs through 12 parts centers and five vehicle centers. James E. Lentz III is the president of TMS.
How many Toyota Dealers in USA?
There are 1,276 Toyota dealerships in the US as of September 27, 2023. This is according to data scraping business ScrapeHero. With 135 dealerships, or almost 11% of all Toyota dealerships in the United States, California has the most Toyota dealerships of any other state.
In the United States, Toyota vehicles are sold and serviced at Toyota dealerships. They additionally provide a wide range of additional services, including financing, leasing, and trade-ins.
You can use a search engine like Google Maps or the Toyota website to discover a Toyota dealership in your area.
How many Toyota distributors are there in the US?
In the US, there are two Toyota distributors:
- The main distributor of Toyota automobiles in the US is Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS). It has regional offices all throughout the country and its headquarters are in Torrance, California. Through a network of more than 1,200 Toyota dealers (of which more than 900 had formerly sold Scion automobiles), and more than 200 Lexus dealers, TMS manages the sales of Toyota and Lexus products in 49 states.
- Toyota Distributors in the Gulf States (GST): In the five states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas, GST is a privately held distributor of Toyota cars. With more than 150 Toyota dealerships in its service area, it maintains its corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Gulf States Toyota Distributors is a privately held business, whereas Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation.
TMS and GST both have a significant impact on how Toyota cars are distributed in the US. To make sure that clients have access to the automobiles and services they require, they actively collaborate with Toyota dealers.
Who are the largest Toyota dealers in the United States?
The top Toyota dealers in the country are:
- Toyota Longo (El Monte, CA)
- Orange Toyota (Orange, California)
- Kirkland Toyota (Kirkland, WA)
- Seattle Toyota (Seattle, WA)
- Washington’s Bellevue is home to Toyota.
- (Tacoma, WA) Toyota of Tacoma
- Gladstone, Oregon’s, Toyota of Gladstone
- (Portland, OR) Toyota of Portland
- Concord Toyota (Concord, California)
- Sunnyvale Toyota (Sunnyvale, California)
- (Cerritos, California) Toyota of Cerritos
- Riverside Toyota (Riverside, CA)
Each year, these dealerships sell a significant number of Toyota cars and are known for their top-notch customer support. Additionally, they provide a vast array of services, including financing, leasing, and trade-ins.
One of the dealerships on this list should be taken into consideration if you’re looking for a Toyota dealer. These dealerships are dedicated to giving their clients the finest experience possible and have a track record of success.
It’s crucial to remember that this list is not all-inclusive and that there are numerous additional top-notch Toyota dealerships all around the country. It’s crucial to conduct thorough research and contrast various Toyota dealerships before selecting the one that best suits your demands.
How many Toyota dealers are there in Japan?
In Japan, there are 927 Toyota dealers as of September 27, 2023. The Toyota Motor Corporation website states this.
Four distinct sales channels are used by Toyota dealerships in Japan:
- Toyota Store: This website offers a variety of Toyota cars, trucks, and vans for sale.
- Toyota Store: This website specializes on selling Toyota cars, which are renowned for being environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient.
- Toyota automobiles that are inexpensive and simple to own are the main focus of the Corolla Store channel.
- Toyota vehicles, which are renowned for their performance and stylish style, are sold on this channel, according to Netz Store.
Each sales channel has a distinct personality and environment of its own. This enables Toyota to appeal to a diverse consumer base and satisfy their various needs.
Visit the Toyota Motor Corporation website or make use of a search engine like Google Maps to locate a Toyota dealer close to you in Japan.
Why is Toyota moving to Texas?
The relocation of Toyota’s North American headquarters from Torrance, California, to Plano, Texas, was announced in 2014. The transfer was finished in 2016.
Toyota made the decision to relocate to Texas for a variety of reasons. The price of living is one factor. Texas offers much cheaper living expenses than California does. As a result, Toyota can more affordably recruit and keep staff.
The tax environment is another justification for the shift. Texas doesn’t impose a state income tax. Toyota employees will gain greatly from this because they will pay less in taxes.
Texas also has a favorable business environment. The state government has several rules that make it simple for businesses to operate and is supportive of them.
And lastly, Texas is situated in the middle of the country. As a result, Toyota can distribute its vehicles to clients all over the nation from this handy location.
For Toyota, the relocation to Texas was a significant undertaking. The business, however, is of the opinion that the transfer will be advantageous and will be worth it. Toyota is sure that its new Texas headquarters will contribute to the company’s future success and growth.
Here is a list of the factors that led Toyota to relocate to Texas:
- Less expensive of living
- State income tax exempt
- Healthy business environment
- Located in the heart of the United States
The relocation of Toyota to Texas has generated debate. Some others think the firm is leaving California and its decent employment behind. Others think Toyota will benefit from the decision and be able to expand and flourish as a result.
The ability of Toyota to recruit and retain people, the status of the economy, and the general business climate will ultimately determine the viability of the company’s relocation to Texas.
Above is information about How many Toyota Dealers in USA? Why is Toyota moving Texas?. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Toyota Dealers in USA. Thank you for reading our post.