How many seats are in a Toyota Highlander? The 2022 Toyota Highlander is available with either seven or eight seats, depending on the options selected at purchase.
Thanks to its generous seating capacity and sturdy safety features, the 2022 Toyota Highlander is a great three-row crossover SUV for families, especially families with lots of young children. Available all-wheel drive (AWD) and a hybrid powertrain with great fuel economy add to the Highlander’s strengths.
But before you head to the dealership to take the Highlander for a test drive, it’s worth knowing how many seats you’ll be getting. Enter Jerry, the trusted broker app with the Toyota Highlander specs and car insurance quotes you need. We’ll go over seating options for the 2022 Highlander, show you a few other Toyota vehicles that can seat up to eight, and throw in some tips to help you lower your Toyota Highlander insurance costs.
How many seats are in a Toyota Highlander?
Depending on the trim level, the 2023 Toyota Highlander may accommodate 7 or 8 passengers. Although a seven-seat configuration with second-row captain’s chairs is only available on higher trims, the L and LE trims come standard with eight-passenger capacity employing bench seats in the second and third rows.
The number of seats for each Highlander trim level is broken down as follows:
- L: Eight travelers
- LE: Eight travelers
- XLE: 7 passengers (with captain’s chairs in the second row) or 8 passengers (with a bench seat in the second row).
- The number of passengers is limited to either 7 (with second-row captain’s chairs) or 8 (with a second-row bench seat).
- Platinum: 8 passengers (second-row bench seat) or 7 people (second-row captain’s chairs).
Regardless of the trim level you select, the Highlander is a fantastic option for folks who require a large car or for families with many children. With the second and third rows folded down, the Highlander has a maximum load capacity of 84.3 cubic feet, making it a terrific option for those who need a car with a lot of storage room.
What year of Highlander has 8 seats?
Depending on the model level, all Toyota Highlanders from 2014 through 2023 have 8 seats. Although a seven-seat configuration with second-row captain’s chairs is only available on higher trims, the L and LE trims come standard with eight-passenger capacity employing bench seats in the second and third rows.
So, if you’re searching for an 8-seat Highlander, you can pick any year between 2014 and 2023. But bear in mind that the more recent models will come with more features and safety innovations.
The Highlander has over the years acquired a number of significant features and safety innovations, some of which are listed below:
- 2017 saw the addition of rear cross-traffic warning and blind spot monitoring as standard equipment on all grades.
- 2018 saw the standardization of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 across all grades. This group of safety features consists of automated high beams, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning with steering assistance, automatic emergency braking, and automatic emergency braking with pedestrian recognition.
- 2020: A new XSE grade level was introduced, with a sport-tuned suspension and more aggressive external appearance.
- 2021: A brand-new trim level called the Hybrid Bronze Edition was released. It has a distinctive exterior color of bronze and bronze highlights inside.
- 2022: A new Hybrid XSE trim level was introduced, fusing the athletic design of the XSE trim with the hybrid powertrain’s fuel efficiency.
Regardless of the Highlander’s year, you can be sure you’re getting a dependable, secure SUV with lots of space for both people and goods.
Do all highlanders have 3rd-row seating?
Yes, there is third-row seating in every Toyota Highlander. Depending on the trim level, the Highlander is a three-row midsize SUV that can accommodate up to eight passengers. Although a seven-seat configuration with second-row captain’s chairs is only available on higher trims, the L and LE trims come standard with eight-passenger capacity employing bench seats in the second and third rows.
Families frequently choose the Highlander because of its roomy interior and smooth ride. With the second and third rows folded down, it has a maximum load capacity of 84.3 cubic feet, which is a lot of space for cargo.
The Toyota Highlander is a fantastic choice to take into consideration if you’re searching for a three-row SUV that is dependable, secure, and roomy.
Which Highlander is 8 passenger?
From 2014 through 2023, the following Toyota Highlander model levels include eight seats:
- L LE XLE (with bench seat in the second row)
- Limited (with bench seat in second row)
- Platinum (with a bench seat in the second row)
Bench seats in the second and third rows are standard equipment for 8 passengers in the L and LE grades. The XLE, Limited, and Platinum trims come standard with seating for seven passengers in the second row utilizing captain’s chairs; however, an eight-passenger arrangement employing a bench seat in the second row is also an option.
Any Highlander trim level from 2014 through 2023 may be an 8-passenger vehicle as long as it has the second-row bench seat option, to directly answer your query.
When selecting a Highlander trim level, keep the following extra factors in mind:
- Options: More options, including a panoramic sunroof, heated and ventilated front seats, and a JBL sound system, are available on higher model levels.
- Safety: A variety of safety features, including Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, are included as standard equipment on all Highlander model levels. However, the higher model levels come with extra security features like rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring.
- The higher trim levels cost more than the lower trim levels in terms of price.
The perfect Highlander trim level for you will ultimately depend on your unique requirements and financial situation.
Is Toyota Highlander a family car?
The Toyota Highlander truly makes a terrific family vehicle. Depending on the trim level, this three-row midsize SUV has room for up to eight passengers. All three rows of passengers have plenty of headroom and legroom inside its roomy cabin. With the second and third seats folded down, the Highlander can accommodate 84.3 cubic feet of freight at its maximum capacity.
The Highlander is a very dependable and safe vehicle in addition to having a roomy interior and load area. It has gotten excellent safety ratings from institutions like the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Family-friendly features like a rear entertainment system, a built-in vacuum, and a hands-free power liftgate are all included with the Highlander.
The Toyota Highlander is an excellent family vehicle overall since it provides a ton of space, dependability, safety, and features.
The Highlander has a number of characteristics that make it a perfect family vehicle, including the following:
- Cabin space: The Highlander features a roomy cabin that is perfect for families with many children or individuals who need to transport a lot of goods.
- Smooth and pleasant ride: The Highlander is ideal for extended road journeys because of its comfortable and smooth ride.
- Reliability: The Highlander is a very dependable automobile, and with the right upkeep and care, it may survive for many years.
High safety ratings have been given to the Highlander by agencies including the IIHS and the NHTSA.
- Features that are good for families: The Highlander has many features that are good for families, like a rear entertainment system, a built-in vacuum cleaner, and a hands-free power liftgate.
The Toyota Highlander is a fantastic choice to take into consideration if you’re searching for a family vehicle that is roomy, dependable, safe, and has a range of family-friendly amenities.
Above is information about How many seats are in a Toyota Highlander? What is this?. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Toyota Highlander. Thank you for reading our post.